Difference between microprocessor and microcomputer
- Microprocessor is a semiconductor device consist on electric circuit based on LSI or VLSI technic.
- Memory and I/O device are connected externally.
- Microprocessor can be used for multitasking.
- In microprocessor memory connected externally so it can be used for large program.
- It is more flexible.
- Per unit cost is high in the microprocessor.
- Microcomputer is a device which consists of CPU, I/O device, and memory fabricated on single PCB(printed circuit board).
- Here memory and I/O devices are connected internally on single PCB>
- Microcomputer can be used for general purpose.
- In microcomputer memory is fixed so it can be used for the small program.
- Microcomputer is less flexible.
- Per unit cost is less in microcomputer.
Also Read- What is Microprocessor?
Also Read –General architecture of microprocessor
Also Read –Revolution of microprocessor
Also Read –Advantage and application of microprocessor
Also Read – What Is Electric Charge
Also Read – What is Electric Power?
Also Read – What is electricity?
Also Read – Class B Power Amplifier